Sorry for being a bit late on this, Yesterday the guys over at PSGroove released an up to there original code.
Wanikoko released a process of well bodgin retail PKG’s, This being corrent they updated the PSgroove to do this effeciently, there is word that there can be some issues with this but heres a word from PSGroove team.
Retail package support was just added to PSGroove GIT
! This patch isn’t the same as Waninkoko’s Hermes v3 !
* Forcing r11 to 1 like Waninkoko did does work but it is not the solution and might bring issues with specific package types.
* The right patch to be done is to put a nop at the beginning of the debug algo decryption which checks for the model flag to be 1
* Also Waninkoko left the original PSJailbreak patch which was not proper either:
ROM:0002ED00 lhz %r9, arg_7A(%sp)
ROM:0002ED04 xori %r9, %r9, 0×80
ROM:0002ED08 addi %r9, %r9, -1
ROM:0002ED0C rldicl %r29, %r9, 1,63
ROM:0002ED10 b loc_2ED20
* They force r29 to 1 which does indeed let you install debug packages,
* But breaks the retail package install because the code will stop at the debug check if r29 is set to 1.
* The right way is to actually kill that check.
* That’s what’s been done by doing a nop to the conditional branch
Google is your friend you will find this updated version flying about
No related posts.